Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Getting ready to embark . . .

For about two years now, I've been seriously collecting vintage girls series' books and obsessively reading and posting on many, many blogs. So, I finally decided to start my own. The plan is to focus on reviewing the books, but we'll see.

My favorite series are Judy Bolton, Beverly Gray, Nancy Drew, Trixie Belden, and several more obscure ones (Adventure Girls, Peggy Lane, etc.). Basically, if it was written for girls, in series format, by Burt or Grossett & Dunlap, between 1920 and 1979, I own at least one volume of the series. I love references to vintage fashion and fun cover art. I also have a few boys' series books, in particular the Christopher Cool series, which is serious campy fun.

Unless someone has a firm objection, I probably won't be reviewing books in any particular order, since I've already read most of these. The exception to this will probably be the final Judy Bolton books, since I've been reading them in order for the past couple of years (stalling out in the thirties, not surprisingly). I'm finally back in business after several months, now that I've gotten my hands on a copy of The Secret Quest.

So, let's set off on our maiden voyage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing